Buckwheat (LOCAL PRODUCT)
From Kenagy Family Farm
Fagopyrum esculentum is a summer annual with an upright habit to 3 feet.
- It has a minimum germination temperature of 50F
- Broadcast at 75 lbs per acre or 2.5 lbs per 1000 square feet at a depth of .5 to 1.5″
- Attracts beneficial insects
- Readily reseeds
- Quick establishment when planted in spring/summer
- Excellent weed suppression
Kenagy Family Farm is an unconventional conventional farm that puts careful attention and effort to habitat and ecosystem stewardship. With a keen eye on invasive weed management they employ cultural, chemical, manual and mechanical techniques to keep seed crops the highest quality possible. Most crops are also grown no-till, as a part of a highly diversified and integrated system.