Soil Amendment Sale
Southern Oregon Bokashi
Not OMRI listed; certified producers should verify acceptability before use.
New for 2020. Please report back with results and experiences.
3 lb bags or 5 gallon buckets containing ~15 lbs.
Blend of photosynthetic bacteria, lactic acid bacteria, yeasts, and Bacillus subtilis grown onto a grain-based substrate.
Produced in the Applegate Valley of southern Oregon. The manufacturer claims it is able to:
• Breakdown nutrients from the soil therefore making the nutrients more available to plants
• Reduce the amount of fertilizer needed to achieve healthy productive plants
• Increase microbial activity in soil and, as a foliar spray, on leaves
• Improve soil structure by creating aggregates and increasing water holding capacity, therefore, reducing runoff and soil erosion
• Increase photosynthetic capacity of plants
• Suppress soil borne disease and pests
• Improve plant growth and foster the formation of larger flowering sets
• Dramatically speed up composting of manures and organic waste
• Provide high levels of polysaccharides, micro-nutrients, beneficial enzymes, and organic acids